This is a follow up of the elgg optimization articles I will be writing every month. Today we are going to talk about the activity river and how to optimize it to reduce server load and to give a good user experience to your visitors.
1. Download the community plugin Watch my pages for elgg 1.8 here
2. Then unzip the file in the mod folder of your elgg installation.
3. Sign in to your Elgg Network as an Administrator and on the top bar, click on the Administration link:
4. Go to menu “Configure > Plugins“:
4. Search for the “watch my pages 2.0″ plugin and activate it:
5. Now let’s configure the plugin, go to menu “Configure > Settings > Watch my pages“:
Note: We recommend to disable infinite scrolling. Enabling it will not cause server load, it is just a recommendation.
6. Click on save to keep your changes and run upgrade.php right after saving the plugin’s settings. For instructions on how to do that, read this article
7. And that’s it, now you can enjoy your website and with a more dynamic and comfortable for the users.
This concludes How to optimize the activity river in elgg 1.8