In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to open all links posted on your Elgg site in a new tab in Elgg 1.8 without messing up your Elgg site.
1. Since we don’t want to edit core files of Elgg, we are going to download a plugin called Target Blank here
2. After downloading it, unzip it and upload the plugin to the mod directory in your Elgg installation
3. Now, sign in as an Administrator on your Elgg site and go to the Administration Dashboard:
4. Then go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”
5. In the plugins section, look for the plugin Target Blank and enable it
6. Run Upgrade.php after enabling the plugin. If you do not know how to run upgrade.php, please read this guide: Run Upgrade.php
Some of our Elgg users prefer to open any link inside their network in a new window or tab. There wasn’t an easy solution to this until this plugin was released.
This now concludes how to open all links in new tab in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.