How to Make Your Elgg 1.8 Site Mobile Friendly
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Sunday, 3 June 2012
More and more people are connecting to the internet through their mobile devices and our Elgg users are looking for a solution to have their Elgg networks available on mobile devices. For that reason, in this article, I am going to give you a step by step guide on how to make your Elgg site mobile friendly:
1. We are going to use a plugin called Mobilize. Mobilize gives your mobile users a clean and lightweight layout to your network. Download the plugin here: Mobilize
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Login on your Elgg network as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:
4. Then go to menu “Configure ->Plugins” and activate the plugin: Mobilize 2012.04.29
5. Now, let’s customize the mobile version of your network. Click on Mobilize Settings (view the first image) to change the display color, logo and header color:
6. Save it and that’s it! Now your Elgg network is also available for mobile devices:
This now concludes how to make your Elgg 1.8 site mobile friendly
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.