Editing comments is a great feature that every Elgg network should have available. It enriches your site providing a more editable content for your use. This is a useful feature that any user of your Elgg network can appreciate, to correct any error on the typing or simply regret what he put on his comments. For that reason, in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to make Comments Editable by users in Elgg 1.8
1. We will first download and install in the Mod folder on your Elgg site the plugin called ‘Editable Comments’, which you can download from here
2. Then, go to your Elgg network and sign in as an Administrator. Go to the Admin dashboard. Now, go to the Admin menu “configure -> Plugins”
3. Look for the plugin Editable Comments and click on activate to enable the plugin:
4. After activating the plugin, run upgrade.php to apply the new changes to your Elgg network. If you don’t know how to run it, please read this article
5. Now you can edit your comments, any comments you made in your Elgg site. Now to edit any comment is very simple, just click on “Edit comment” link and a text editor will show up so that you can change the contents of the comment
This concludes How to Make Comments Editable by users in Elgg 1.8
Looking for quality Elgg HostingArvixe Web Hosting!