How to Make a Backup of Your Hosting Space with WebsitePanel
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 18 March 2013
On a previous post we talked about how to make a simple backup of your files. It is a good guide, however it only backups the files of the files you select. What if you need a full backup of everything, including FTP accounts or database users? For that reason in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to make a backup of your hosting space with WebsitePanel
1. Log into WebsitePanel.
2. Click on your ASP hosting class:
3. Under Tools click on Backup:
4. Now, select the hosting space you want to backup, change the name of the backup file, and where do you want to save a copy of the backup. This process will make a backup of everything under your hosting space, including databases, database usernames, ftp folders, ftp accounts, and any web application under any subdomain:
5. Wait for the backup process to finish. Alternative you can run it in the background:
6. If the backup was successful, you will receive a message:
If you face any issues during the backup process, please report it immediately.
This concludes How to make a backup of your hosting space with WebsitePanel