How to Make a Backup of Your Joomla 2.5 Website with “Akeeba Backup”
Written by Milton Parada Thursday, 17 January 2013
Akeeba Backup is one of the most widely used backup components in Joomla. It lets you backup and restore an entire Joomla website with no issues. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on How to make a backup of Joomla 2.5 website with “Akeeba Backup”
1. Download Akeeba Backup extension here.
2. Install the extension. If you do not know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After successfully installing Akeeba, in the top bar menu go to ‘Components -> Akeeba Backup’ to configure the extension:
4. In the configuration screen, check the license agreements, and the ‘Run Configuration’ option, then click on Apply preferences:
5. Wait for the configuration wizard to finish:
6. After configuration is done, you will be able to backup your Joomla Site. Click ‘Backup Now’ to start the saving your site:
7. In the backup page, add a description and a comment about the backup and click on ‘Backup Now’:
8. Wait for the backup process to finish. Do not close the web browser while doing the backup.
This concludes How to make a backup of Joomla 2.5 website with “Akeeba Backup”.