How to Integrate Google Drive with Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 11 February 2013
Google Drive lets you store any document or file you want. It is a free service with almost unlimited storage. Not only that, Google Drive lets you share any file or document with your friends or everybody in the internet. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how integrate Google Drive with elgg 1.8 so that you can share your Google Drive files in your elgg network.
1. First download the elgg community plugin Google Drive here
2. Now, upload the plugin to the mod folder. If you don’t know how to do that, read this article.
3. Log into elgg as an Admin. Open the Administration Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Search for Google Drive plugin and click on activate:
5. Before using it, you have to configure the plugin. Go to Menu “Configure > Settings > Google Drive“:
6. In the Google Drive Plugin page, you need to enter Google Drive’s Servers API, Browser API, Client ID and Client Secret Key:
Note: To get all those keys, go to https://developers.google.com/drive/quickstart-php
7. Click on Save to apply the changes. Before using it, run upgrade.php. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article
8. And that’s it, now your users will have a Widget that will let them share/display their Google Drive
This concludes how to integrate Google Drive with Elgg 1.8