ocPortal offers an addon to be able to display videos from a specific YouTube channel on your website. This is simple process to be able to add this to your ocPortal website. This post is a step by step process to guide you through the process.
- Log in to your adminzone
- Navigate to the structure section
- Choose the addons option
- Scroll down and choose import non-bundled addons
- Expand the third party integration section
- choose the YouTube option
- click import non-bundled addons
- on the next page check the files will not override any files you have manually edited
- click proceed if you are happy
- When you return to the main addons page you will need to cluck the green plus icon on the right side next to the YouTube integration block
- Check the list of files being installed and click proceed if you are happy
Now the block is installed and you can position the block on the page where you would like it to display it. Navigate to the page where you want the block to display and click the block construction wizard. The YouTube block will be near the bottom of the list so either scroll down of use the find option to find the YouTube Channel block
This block is very simple to use and only needs a few of the options filling in to make the block work. You need to make sure you fill in the channel name; if the URL address of the channel is http://www.YouTube.com/user/holleywoodstudio?feature=watch, then the name would be holleywoodstudio. The next option is the title you want to display for the block.
The next 2 options deal with if you are using a custom template and styling for your YouTube block. The start video option is the number video you want to start from. If you are having 25 videos on a page you can set this to 26 and start from the first video on page 2. Max videos is the total number of videos to display and can be set between 1 and 50. Order by allows you to display what order you want the videos to display in. You have three options if you put a 1 in this box it would sort the videos by upload date. A 2 in this box would sort them by most views and a 3 would sort by highest rating.
The remaining options deal with how the block will display including whether it’s centered and the size of the videos and other similar options.