If you don’t want to install the latest Silverstripe CMS and/or want to test it first in your computer this is the tutorial you need to read.
- Download framework and CMS from silverstripe website as a zip file.
- Upload the zip to web root via ftp or File Manager. Most of the time its public_html. How to use ftp read here
- Go to cPanel and create database with database wizard. How to do it read here
- Now go back to cPanel home and open home directory in File Manager
- Over the CMS Zip file click the right mouse button and choose Extract
- If the extracting is done you see silverstripe folder in public_html folder. Open it by double clicking on it.
- Now click on select all to select all files and folders.
- After selecting all the file and folders click on Move file button and inset the path /public_html/ or just delete the part where is written the silverstripe version /public_html/->silverstripeversion<-
- Go to your domain address http://www.yourdomainname.com/ The install page loads
- Insert database information The database name, database password and database user and server address mostly its localhost
- Insert your email for admin also the password. And choose the website locale
- Click install.
- After the install ends delete the install files by entering your admin info after clicking the link delete installation files
Install on Local Windows computer:
This version is mostly used for testing or designing the site in your computer.
- Install XAMPP or Wampserver. How to install you can find from the developer site.
- XAMPP and Wampserver gets installed on your computer under C:/ drive.
- Make sure that your Wampserver or XAMPP server is running. If not manually start it by cliking the links under Start Menu->Programs. Also you can make sure that the server is running by opening the browser and typing in http://localhost/ and if the Apache Screen comes up its installed properly.
- Make sure that the Apache->Apache Modules->Rewrite Module is enabled.
- The “www” directory will be automatically created (usually c:\wamp\www) put your extracted Silverstripe files in there and go to http://localhost/ to start install process.
- All other is the same as installing in server point 10-13.