How to install “phpBB” From Your cPanel
Written by Arian Jahansouz Monday, 24 August 2009
This article will give you a step by step guide on how to install phpBB from your cPanel. Sign into your cPanel and follow these steps:
1) Click Fantastico De Luxe.
2) Scroll down to “Discussion Boards”. Find the “phpBB” link and click on it.
3) Click “New Installation”.
4) Fill out all of the boxes. For “Install on domain”, choose the domain you want phpBB to install to. The default will be the domain you signed into. For “Install in directory”, choose the directory you want to install phpBB to. By default, it will install in your root directory if you leave the box blank. Create an administrator user name and password.Enter your sites name and a short description. Enter the administrators e-mail address and custom signature. Select your preferred language. When you are finished, click “Install phpBB”.
5) Double check your information and then click “Finish installation”.
6) You will then get a confirmation page of your installation.
This concludes how to install phpBB from your cPanel.