Many of us face issues installing nopCommerce automatically (using third-party installers). Today we will perform a manual installation for nopCommerce. It is quite simple. Let’s start.
1) Make sure that your website where you want to install nopCommerce has the ASP version set to 4.0 Integrated. Please see http://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-change-your-asp-version-in-websitepanel/ to learn how to change this from your control panel. Simply log into your control panel Home >> Websites >> Web Site Properties >> Extensions select ASP.NET version and click Update button.
2) Go to http://www.nopcommerce.com/downloads.aspx and download the latest version from there. The “Web (no source)” edition would be fine. It will ask you for your nopCommerce login details. You can also register if you don’t have any.
– File Manager: http://blog.arvixe.com/how-and-where-to-upload-site-files-for-windows/
– FTP (FileZilla recommended)
to make the ftp account: http://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-create-ftp-accounts-in-dotnetpanel/
to upload using FileZilla: http://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-use-fillzilla-to-upload-your-website-files/
4) Once the file is uploaded. You now need to extract it. First, using the File Manager select the file then you click on “Unzip”. If you face any issues doing this. You can ask our Support to do this for you or you can extract the file locally then upload the extracted files using FileZilla.
Then you can create the DB user
Where you will be asked to fill in the “Store information”
8 ) Done. You can see your store now.