How To Install “Moodle” From Your cPanel
Written by Arian Jahansouz Thursday, 20 August 2009
This article will give you a step by step guide on how to install Moodle from your cPanel. Sign into your cPanel and follow these steps:
1) Click Fantastico De Luxe.
2) Scroll down to “Other Scripts”. Find the “Moodle” link and click on it.
3) Click “New Installation”.
4) Fill out all of the boxes. For “Install on domain”, choose the domain you want Moodle to install to. The default will be the domain you signed into. For “Install in directory”, choose the directory you want to install Moodle to. By default, it will install in your root directory if you leave the box blank. Create an administrator user name and password. Enter your sites name and slogan. Give a brief description of your website. Enter your (or the administrators) first and last name. Include the administrators e-mail adress as well. Finally, choose how often you want Moodle to run a crop job. The cron job will automatically perform some needed tasks like sending out reminders. When you are finished, click “Install Moodle”.
5) Double check your information and then click “Finish installation”.
6) You will then get a confirmation page of your installation.
This concludes how to install Moodle from your cPanel.