Many of our users are running a family oriented network, and they needed a way to filter words. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to filter bad words in elgg 1.8
1. Download a plugin called “Word Filter for elgg 1.8”, which can be downloaded here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After that, please sign in as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:
4. Then go to menu “Configure ->Plugins” and activate the plugin:
5. After activating the plugin, go to Menu “Configure -> Settings -> galliBadWord_filter” There you can add the words that you want to filter from being published on your elgg network:
6. You can enter as many words as you want. Then hit save and that’s it! Those words will not be allowed on your site.
This concludes how to filter bad words in Elgg 1.8