This article will give you a step by step guide on how to install a third party theme in Elgg from your WebsitePanel. Sign into your WebsitePanel and follow these steps:
1) Click on File Manager
2) Once you click there, it will take you to the folder where Elgg is installed. In there, click and open the folder mod:
3) Inside that folder, go to the top menu, and click in upload:
4) A theme usually comes inside a zip file. Upload that zip file and after that’s done, go back to the mod folder and look for the theme uploaded. Select the theme and on the top menu, click on Extract. A pop up window will appear, click on Extract Again:
5) Now, log in to your Elgg site as an admin. Go to the Administration Page. Once there, on the left menu, click on tool administration:
6) Before using the theme uploaded, we will make sure that Custom Index Plugin is not enabled. It is strongly recommended that you check this. If Custom Index is not enable, you can activate the uploaded theme without a problem.
7) And that’s it. Your uploaded theme has been installed.
This now concludes How to install a theme in Elgg.
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions please visit Arvixe-Elgg Hosting