How to Insert YouTube Videos in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Thursday, 24 May 2012
Many our Elgg users are wondering how they can insert their favorite YouTube videos on their network for other to see either in the Dashboard or in their profile page. For that reason, in this article, I will give a step by step guide on how to publish YouTube videos in your network in Elgg 1.8
1. First, we are going to download the video plugin for Elgg 1.8 from the Elgg community here
2. After downloading it, unzip it and upload the plugin to the mod directory in your Elgg installation
3. Go to your Elgg site and sign in as an Administrator and then Go to the Administration Dashboard
4. Then go to menu “Plugins” look for the plugin ‘videos‘ and activate it.
5. Now you can add YouTube videos. To add a video, go to your Elgg site and in the header menu, hover over the “more” menu and click on Videos:
6. In the ‘Videos’ page, click on the add video button to insert a YouTube video link:
7. In the Add Video page, you can insert the link, add a title and description and also who can see that video. To add it just hit save and that’s it! This is how a video will look like:
If you have problems with this tool, ask here for support
This now concludes how to insert YouTube videos in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.