Elgg comes with a feature that allows users to upload files. It is a very useful tool, in case you want to share a document between your members. However, if there is a file of considerable size, you will get a token missmatch error. In this article, I will give you step by step guide on how to increase uploading limit in Elgg in order to remove this error.
1. With an FTP manager, connect to your site. Go to the public_html folder.
2. Open the file named .htaccess
3. Look for this line <IfModule mod_php5.c>
Under that line, there are some values. Those are the ones that we are going to change.
4. We are going to change two php values: post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. For the purposes of this guide, I am going to change it to be able to upload files up to 10 Mb:
5. Save your changes. Now, on your web browser, run upgrade.php (YourWebSiteAddress.com/upgrade.php)
You are now done. You can increase it to any size you want, but first talk to your hosting provider before making such.
This concludes how to increase the upload limit in Elgg.
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe-Elgg Hosting