Keeping track of the page views that your elgg network is very important. Elgg by default has a very basic statistics page, which is good but not the best. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to get detailed statistics of your elgg network, in elgg 1.8
1. Download the community plugin “Advanced Statistics for Elgg 1.8” here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article on how to do that.
3. Login on your Elgg network as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:
4. Then go to menu “Configure ->Plugins” and activate the plugin:
5. To see how it works, go to menu “Administer -> Advanced Statistics” A submenu will show up with the different statistics options: Widgets, System, Activity, Content, Groups and Users:
6. This plugin gives you an advanced and very detailed summary of the activity in your elgg network, with graphics to compare month by month statistics:
This detailed view of activity in your elgg network is the best available. This has been a nice addition to the platform and promises to deliver even more features.
This concludes How to get detailed statistics of your elgg network