3. How to Restore a MSSQL.bak Database Uing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express
This post will give you step by step instructions on how to fix the server principal error in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. The error you are getting is a bug/security issue in the latest Microsoft SQL Management program. You can find a tutorial on how to set up a database here and you can find a tutorial on how to use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 here.
1) Click “View” and then “Object Explorer Details”. You could also hit the F7 key on your keyboard.
2) Double click on the “Databases” folder.
3) Right-click on the column header “Policy Health State”.
4) Deselect the option “Collation”.
5) Click “Refresh”.
6) Your window should now look like this.
This concludes how to fix the server principal error in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.