Filtering file types has been a feature that was not available for elgg. Due to several requests from our elgg users I decided to develop a tool that would offer that feature. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to filter file type in elgg 1.8
1. First, download the plugin Files Filter Pro for elgg 1.8 here
2. Install the plugin. If you do not know how to install a plugin, please read this article.
3. Sign in to your elgg network as an Administrator and go to the plugins section of your elgg network to activate the plugin:
4. After activating the plugin, we need to change some of its settings. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> SW File Filter Pro for Elgg 1.8″:
6. In the settings page, first set ‘Yes’ if you want apply the file filtering on your elgg network and save the changes:
7. Then, choose the file types that you want to allow to be uploaded on your elgg network and save the changes:
8. Now, run upgrade.php If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
This concludes How to filter file types in elgg 1.8