How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 6 September 2011
By default, Elgg only has privacy for who can see items that are posted on the site. However, if a post is public, anyone can comment on that, which is a privacy issue. In this article, I will give you a step by a step guide on how to enable privacy for comments in Elgg.
1) First, we download a plugin I developed for the community here.
2) Once downloaded, unzip the plugin. Then, with an FTP Manager, connect to your site.
3) Upload the plugin’s main folder to the mod folder of your Elgg installation:
4) After you are done uploading the plugin, go to the Administration Page. There, click on Tools Administration, find the plugin socialprivacy and enable it:
5) Run upgrade.php (www.yourwebsitename.com/upgrade.php) and that is it! Privacy for public comments has now been activated.
This now concludes how to enable privacy for comments in Elgg