How to Enable Facebook Login in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Sunday, 23 October 2011
On a previous post, I talked about how to install Facebook login in Elgg 1.7, but in 1.8 things are a little bit different and a new plugin is required for this release. In this article, I will give a step by step guide on how to enable Facebook login in Elgg 1.8.
1. First, we download the Facebook Connect Plugin from Chetan Varshney here
2. Unzip the file. After that, with an FTP manager, connect to your website public_html. Then, go the folder mod and upload the plugin in that folder:
3. Now, login as an administrator in your Elgg site. On the right side bar, click on Plugins:
4. Once you are in the plugin page, look for the plugin Facebook Connect and click on Activate:
5. After activating the plugin, you will see a link for settings. Click on it to add your Public and Private Facebook App Key:
6. When you click that link it will take you to the settings page of that plugin. There, put your Facebook App Key and click on save:
7. And that’s it. Now your users will be able to login to your site using Facebook:
I hope you have found this article useful. If you experience problems with this plugin, ask here for support.
This now concludes how to enable Facebook login in Elgg 1.8