This tutorial is to help if you would like to be able to publish documents on your website and would prefer to display the document in the page itself rather than offering the document as a download. This tutorial will work step by step through the process of installing this addon and setting it up for normal usage.
Installing the addon
The addon you need to install for this is called GroupDocs Viewer and can be found under the information display section of the addons catalogue.
- Log in to your adminzone and navigate to the addons page in the structure section
- Scroll down the page and choose import non-bundled addons
- Select download and expand the information display list of addons
- Choose GroupDocs Viewer
- Scroll down and click Import non-bundled addon(s)
- Check over the list of files and click proceed if you are happy they won’t break any custom changes you have made
- In the addons window find GroupDocs Viewer and click the green plus to install the addon
- One the next screen again check the list of files and when you are happy click proceed
How to embed documents directly in ocPortal in ocPortal
Now the addon is installed you will be able to embed documents into the page itself. Here’s how to embed the document
- Go to the page where you want to display the document.
- Click where in the page you want the document to embed and scroll down to the attachments section
- Expand the attachments section of the form and click upload
- Choose the file you wish to embed and click Open
You will now be taken to the attachment form which you need to fill in. There are seven main sections which include:
- Caption – This should be filled in to describe what the document is
- Display type – This should be embed directly if possible
- Display as a thumbnail – This will be whether you want to display the full document or a thumbnail
- Horizontal alignment – This has three options within the content or left/right alignment
- Width – The width of the content, leave blank for a document
- Height – The height of the content, leave blank for a document
- Thumbnail URL – An external thumbnail image URL
Please note not all files will embed directly.