A Favicon is a small image that is displayed next to an URL in your web browser’s address bar. A favicon is important for branding and also for styling purposes. In this article I will show you How to easily replace the favicon in elgg 1.8
1. First, download the MyFavicon for Elgg 1.8 plugin here
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of elgg. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator. On the Admin Dashboard sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
4. Search for the plugin My Favicon and click on activate:
5. To use this plugin, Go to YourElggFolder/mod/myfavicon/graphics/favicon.ico and replace that favicon with your own. You need to provide your logo in favicon format, this plugin does not help you in converting other image formats:
This concludes How to easily replace the favicon in elgg 1.8