For security and private reasons, most of the people want to know who visited their profile and for that reason, in this article I will give a step by step guide on how to display profile visitors to your users in elgg 1.8
1. To display profile visitors, we will use a tool called Izap Profile Visitors for elgg 1.8 You can download it here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Go to the Elgg Administration Dashboard. There, go to Menu “Configure -> Plugins” and look for Izap Profile Visitors Plugin. Activate it:
4. Now the plugin is active. To display the widget, go to your profile and click on Add Widgets and Click on Recent Profile Visitors:
5. Now, you can see who visited your profile:
This concludes How to display profile visitors in elgg 1.8