One of the developer tools for Elgg 1.8 administrator is the ability to log all errors, warnings and notices. This is useful if you are testing on your machine, but it can be harmful if you are using it in our servers because if you don’t know how to use it, you could fill the servers with warnings and errors which will lead you to waste server resources in a very bad way. In this article, I will give a step by step guide on how to disable error logs in Elgg 1.8:
1. First, login on your Elgg network as an Admin.
2. Go to the Administration Dashboard. Now on the right side menu, on the Configure section click on Settings:
3. A sub menu will show up. There Click on Settings then click in Advanced Settings:
4. Once you are on the Advanced Settings page, scroll down and right in the middle of the page there is a drop down menu. Click on it, and select Turn Off Debug Mode. This will disable Elgg Error log:
5. Save the changes by clicking on the button Save that is at the end of the page:
And that’s it, error logs are now disabled!
This now concludes How to Disable Error Logs in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting