How to Delete Multiple Users at Once in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Monday, 3 September 2012
Sometimes when administering elgg, you have to delete users. It is not a problem if you have to delete one user. However when you have to delete several users at once, it becomes really frustrating. For that reason, in this guide I will give you a step by step guide on how to delete several users at once.
1. We are going to use a tool called “Bulk User Admin” This is a plugin developed by an elgg core developer. Download it here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your elgg network to install it.
3. Now, go to your Elgg network and sign in as an Administrator. Then go to the Administration Panel:
4. Go to menu “Tool Administration” and activate the plugin:
5. Run upgrade.php after activating the plugin. If you don’t know how to run that, read this article. Now go to the Menu “User Administration” You will see that the user admin page different. It will now let you select more than one user. Select as many as you want and click on the delete button.
There are several threads talking about deleting users by editing the elgg database. Do not do that, you will lose your elgg network. Please use this tool to delete more than one user at once.
This concludes how to run upgrade.php in Elgg