Adding items to the menu bar in Elgg was a hard task to do on version 1.7.x. Now, it is easier to do. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to customize your menu items in Elgg 1.8.
1. Firs, log into your Elgg site as an admin.
2. Once you are inside the Admin panel, click on Appearance, and then on Menu Items:
3. Once you are inside of the menu items page, you can see that is segmented into two parts which are Configure main menu items and Add a custom menu item. In the first part configure main menu items; select the items that you want to appear in your Elgg site. For the purposes of this example I will only display Pages, The Wire and a Custom Link. In the main menu I will choose only Pages and The Wire and leave the others as none:
4. If you want to add a new item, go to Add a custom menu item and type the name to display and the URL to redirect:
5. After you are done with changes, hit save. That is it! You just edited your menu bar!
This now concludes How to Customize Your Menu Items in Elgg 1.8. Thanks for reading!