How to Customize Email Notifications in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Sunday, 2 December 2012
Elgg comes with an email notifications system that let users know about activities in your network. However, customizing such emails is not an easy task because you could break the functionality of your network. For that reason in this article I will show you a step by step guide on how to easily customize email notifications in elgg 1.8 without compromising your network.
1. Download the elgg community plugin Customize Email for elgg 1.8 here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Open Elgg Administration Dashboard. Go to Menu “Configure -> Plugins” to activate the Customize Email plugin:
4. After activating the plugin, go to Menu “Configure->UFCOE Customize Email” to personalize your network notifications email:
5. In the settings page you will be able to edit the email notification content. You can change the sender’s name, the Title of the email and even add a signature footer that will be on every notification email.
Also, you will be able to see a live preview of the changes applied to the email notifications and make a live test as well:
6. Save the changes and that’s it! Email notifications will display your custom message
This Concludes How to customize email notifications in elgg 1.8