This tutorial is about how to create a contact form in Joomla so that users can send messages from the form.
- In the Control Panel, click on the “Components -> Contacts -> Contacts”:
- In “Contact Manager: Contacts” , click in categories:
- Click on “New” to create a new category of contact:
- In this step, just put the title of the category and click “Save & Close”:
- Now back to “Contact Manager: Contacts” to create a new contact and assign the new category you just created:
- We create the new contact with their respective title, we assign the category we created, in the “Contact Details” we enter the information you want to show and email to receive the messages, done this, we click “Save & Close”:
- Now, proceed to the publication of the form, creating a new menu item, click on “Menu-> Menu Manager”:
- Click on “Menu Items”:
- To create a new menu item, we click on “New”.
- Configure the new menu item with menu item type, title, Location of menu and assign the contact you created in the “Required Settings” and click “Save & Close”:
- Save the contact form in the top menu. The final result:
- This is the view of the contact form we create:
This concludes How To Creating a Contact Us menu item in Joomla 2.5