[HOW-TO] Create new Ad Placements in Clip-Bucket

Hello,

I am writing this article as a request from somebody called Mark. Not only him but a lot of people might wonder how the new ad placement feature works, well here is the explanation. Written for v2.0.91. **WORKS WITH v2.6**

Difficulty level: Medium (Easy if you have basic PHP & HTML knowledge)

Let’s say we want to add a 300×150 ad below every video that says: “Test Advertisement below video”.

1. Login to your admin_area

2. On the left column, under ‘Advertisement’, look for Manage Placements and open it.

You have two fields, Placement Name and Placement Code.

3. In the first field, Placement Name, you need to type the name you would like to give to the placement. I recommend giving it a name so that later when you want to change it’s code, you know where it’s located and what is it’s size. We will type something like: “Ad Below Video 300×150″

4. In the second field, Placement Code, you need to type the code you would like to give to the placement, so you can call it in the script. We will type: “ad_300x150″.

5. Click Submit.

This is how it looks after created:

~~Until here you have learned how to create a new ad placement. Steps 6 through 10, are to add a sample text to the ad.

6. In the left column, under Advertisement, look for Manage Advertisments (I know it’s misspelled, but that’s how it is written) and click on it.

7. On the first field of Add Advertisement, Advertisement Name, add a symbolic name to the Ad, like what we did in step #3. We will add the same we added before: “Ad Below Video 300×150″.

8. In the Advertisement Placement’s dropdown box, look for the Placement Name we gave to our previously created placement in step #3. In this case, select: “Ad Below Video 300×150″.

9. In the Advertisement Code’s field, we will write the code we want to show in the ad. In this example, we will write: “Test Advertisement below video”

10. Select Active and click Submit.

~~ The next steps are for adding the ad code to the template where we want to display it, in this case, we want it below every video.

11. Open ./styles/{YOURTEMPLATE}/layout/watch_video.html

12. Search for “<!– Actions –>”, and before it, we will paste our code to display the ad: {AD place=”ad_300x150″}, so it will look something like this image:

This previous code is the one that needs to be placed wherever you want to show your ad.

And that’s it, that’s the way to add a new advertisement along with it’s new placement. Anything you need, any questions or comments, please post them below!

Best Regards,

Richi

Looking for quality ClipBucket hosting? Try out Arvixe and you won’t be disappointed.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , | Posted under ClipBucket | RSS 2.0

Author Spotlight

Richi González

Richi González

I started programming when I was 12. I'm a Developer and have been working with the Clip-Bucket script since it came out. I became a Liaison between Arvixe and Clip-Bucket, so I am here to assist you with anything you need regarding Clip-Bucket or any particular computer-related subject you need. Best Regards, Richi

9 Comments on [HOW-TO] Create new Ad Placements in Clip-Bucket

1. Mark Halsall says:

Well I don’t know any html or php at all, and I managed to do this with in half an hour. The instructions worked perfectly. This will be a massive help in monetising my site.!

Thanks Richi.

2. Carla Dornan says:

Thank you for your write-up, this actually aided me a good deal.

3. Thanks Richie

Another helpful post. However I am trying to ago a step further with ad placement…

What I want to do is include advertisements on the various watch_video pages, BUT based on that videos Tag(s) to give the advertisements more page relevance.

so if Tag for a particular video is xzy, I’ll display advertisement for xyz
    ….if Tag for a particular video is abc, I’ll display advertisement for abc

Any ideas how this can be done?

• Hello,

In short, you would need to add ads associated for certain categories, and at the watch_video, use a conditional to determine which ad will be shown.

I can create this MOD for you, please fill in a contact form @ Juapo2Services.com with all your project details and any relevant information.

Best Regards,
      Richi

4. Volt Dean says:

Hello there everyone.
    I’m just a bit lost here, i you see on the front page of my clip bucket there is an empty banner which is there by default.
    Now i need to add a picture or video into there, Any idea of this?

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.
    Volt Dean

5. Jahirol Houque says:

Thanks a lot Richi González!

Would please suggest how to show more ads in top or bottom of “photo view” page?

Regards
    Jahirol Houque

• Hello,

I am glad this helped you. To add ads in the photo page, simply open the view_photo.html and add the placement there. It’s basically the same, except you are going to use view_photo.html.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
      Richi

6. Jimoh Adeleke says:

I have some problems with my captcha of my website that was made with clipbucket. I am willing to pay to fix the problem, if you can email me or respond back how I could have sum captcha on clipbucket and stop this nauseating spam issue of random videos and users. Thanks in advance

7. Ed Griswold says:

I understand creating the placement area and entering a simple line of text. But, what about adding a flash ad or random image ad from folder? Do I need to generate some lines of code?
    Thanks in advance