How to Connect via SSH with PuTTY on Windows
Written by Richi González Monday, 19 September 2011
If you are on Windows and need to connect via SSH to your server, there is a very easy to use program called PuTTY.
Difficulty level: Super Easy
1. Open PuTTY. If you have not downloaded it yet, download it here.
2. In the window that pops up, type as ‘Host Name’ your server’s address.
3. Select from the radio buttons SSH.
4. Click Open.
5. In the black window, where it says ‘login as’, type your username. Press Enter
6. You will now be asked for your password. Type it and press Enter.
If the password is wrong, it will ask you to retype it, if correct, you will be logged in.
That is it! You have managed to connect via SSH with PuTTY. Any questions, comments, suggestions, etc, please let me know and I will be more than glad to assist you.
Owner of www.Juapo2Services.com