How to Clear the Cache in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Cache has been a great problem when you are making modifications to your Elgg site. Every time you changed something in your site you were not going to see the changes if you had simple cache enabled. Now, you can clear cache without disabling simple cache. In this article, I will give you a quick step by step guide on how to clear the cache in Elgg 1.8.
1. Login on your Elgg site as an Admin
2. Once logged in, on the top bar menu, click on the Administration link:
3. When you click on the Administration link, you will be redirected to the Admin Dashboard. Inside the dashboard, you will see a widget called Control Panel. Inside that widget, click on “Flush the caches”:
4. Cache will be cleared. When you have completed the process, Elgg will show a message indicating it was successful:
5. And that’s it! Every time you make a change, and don’t see it right away, just follow the steps in this guide.
If you experience problems with this tool, ask here for support. This now concludes How to clear the cache in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.