How to Clean Up Your Elgg Database with Garbage Collector
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Friday, 15 April 2011
In this article I am going to show how to clean your elgg database with nice tool that comes by default in elgg called Garbage Collector.
What the garbage collector does is cleaning up your Elgg database tables by eliminating unnecessary data and optimize them slightly. This will speed up elgg and will keep our databases clean of unnecessary data.
To run the Garbage Collector follow these steps:
1) Log in to your Elgg site as an admin
2) Go to the Administration Page
3) On the left menu of the administration page, click on Tool Administration and look for garbagecollector:
4) Once you find it, click on the enable button in order to activate this plugin.
5) Once it has been enabled, look for the plugin again and you will see a link that says settings. Click on it to change how many times you want the garbage collector to clean up the database (week, month, year). Once a month is recommended:
6) After choosing the times it will run, click on save.
7) Now, garbage collector will run once a month.
This now concludes How to clean up your Elgg Database with Garbage Collector.
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions please visit Arvixe-Elgg Hosting