On a previous article I talked about how some plugins have errors and start filling out the error log. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to check plugin compatibility and avoid this ‘error log’ situation in elgg 1.8
1. First, download the Code Analyzer for Elgg 1.8 plugin for elgg 1.8 here
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Once you unzip the plugin, sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator, and click on the Administration link located in the top bar menu to go to the Admin Dashboard:
4. On the Admin Dashboard sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”
6. To access the form of plugin, we click the new menu “Develop-> Diagnostic Code“:
7. To check plugin compatibility, click on “Go” and wait to display the result. In the options you can choose: “Max version to analyze” and “Include disabled plugins”:
This concludes How to check plugin compatibility in elgg 1.8