This article will give you a step by a step guide on how to change the top bar logo in Elgg.
1. First, we choose an image file. The recommended size for the new image is 38×21.
2. After choosing an image, copy it to YourElggFolder/_graphics. For the purposes of this post, I will upload and image file named toplogo.gif
3. Go to YourElggFolder/views/default/page_elements/ and open the file elgg_topbar.php
4. Now, on that file, look for this line of code:
5. Once located, replace the name of the default top bar logo (elgg_toolbar_logo.gif) with the name of the new logo created on step 1 & 2:
6. Save your changes. Now, go back to your site, and your new logo will be there.
This concludes how to change the top bar logo in Elgg!