How to Change the Password of a MySQL User in the cPanel
Written by Arian Jahansouz Wednesday, 7 July 2010
1. How to Create a Database and User for MySQL in cPanel
2. How to Add Databases and Users Using MySQL Wizard in cPanel
3. How to Allow Remote Access to a MySQL Database in cPanel
4. How to Optimize a MySQL Database in cPanel
This article will give you a step by step guide on how to change the password of a MySQL user in the cPanel.
Sign into your cPanel and follow these steps:
1) Scroll down to Databases and click MySQL Databases
For this tutorial, we will be changing the password for the user “example”
2) Under Add New User, type in the name of the user that you are trying to change the password for under Username
3) Type in the user’s new password under Password and then retype the password
4) Click Create User
5) You will then get a confirmation page
Using the same username when creating the “new user” caused the new user password to replace the old one.
This concludes how to change the password of a MySQL User in the cPanel.