In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to change the name of your network in Elgg 1.8. Sign in as an admin in Elgg and follow these steps:
1. Once logged in, click on the Administration link at the right in the top bar menu:
2. On the Admin dashboard, go to the right menu bar and click on settings. A sub menu will show up. On that sub menu click on Basic Settings:
3. Now, in the Basic Settings page, you can change the name of the network. Also you can edit the description of your Elgg network, the system email address or the language of your site. For the purposes of this guide, I will name the network “This is a new site“:
4. After you are done editing, just hit the save button to apply the changes:
5. And that’s it! Now you just have to refresh the page to see any change you do.
I hope you have found this article useful. If you experience problems with this guide, ask here for support. This now concludes How to change the name of your network in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.