This article will give you a step by step guide on how to backup your website from your cPanel. Sign into your cPanel and follow these steps:
1) Click Backups
To do a full backup of your entire website, continue on to step 2. To backup only some parts of your website, skip to step 8.
2) Click Download or Generate a Full Web Site Backup
3) Choose your backup destination. You can have your backup in a home directory or a remote location.
4) Fill in your email address so that you can be notified when your backup is complete.
5) If you chose a remote location, you will need to fill in your server, username, password, port and home directory.
6) Click Generate Backup
7) You will then get a confirmation of your full backup.
8 ) To do only partial backups, find the part of the website you would like to backup (either home directory, databases, email forwarders or email filters). Then, click on the corresponding button.
For this example, the home directory file will be downloaded.
9) To restore any of the files, click Choose File on the corresponding backup.
10) Locate and choose your file.
11) Click Upload
This concludes how to backup your website from your cPanel