We are going to use a plugin called Twitter Tools by Alex King to auto publish twitter tweets as New WordPress Posts. This plugin creates a complete integration between your WordPress blog and your Twitter account.
Auto Publish Your Twitter Tweets as WordPress Posts
First thing you need to do is download and activate this plugin. Once you have done that follow the steps below:
1. Create a Category where you would like to post all your automated posts. You can name this category Daily Digest, Twitter, or anything you like.
2. Go to the settings of Twitter Tools Plugin in your WP-Admin.
3. Enter Your Twitter Username and Password.
4. Enable the option to post when you tweet. If you do not want to create an individual post for each tweet, your solution is the next option.
5. Enable the option to create daily digest with all your tweets from that day and modify other settings such as title of that post and title. (You can also set this to weekly digests)
6. Select the category that you made in step 1, to post your tweets.
Once you have done the above steps, you have completed the setup and it’s ready to go.
Display Tweets in the Sidebar
But this plugin has a lot more features than just this. You can also display your recent tweets in the sidebar using this plugin. All you have to do is either use the dynamic widget or paste the following code in your sidebar.php or any other place that you want it displayed:
If you just want to show your last tweet then use this code:
Some other features of this plugin:
◾Archive your Twitter tweets (downloaded every 10 minutes)
◾Create a tweet on Twitter whenever you post in your blog, with a link to the blog post
◾Post a tweet from your sidebar
◾Post a tweet from the WP Admin screens
◾Pass your tweets along to another service (via API hook)
Some Limitations of this Plugin
◾Only one Twitter account is supported (not one account per author)
◾Tweets are not deleted from the tweet table in your WordPress database when they are deleted from Twitter. To delete from your WordPress database, use a database admin tool like phpMyAdmin.