How to Allow Remote Access to a MySQL Database in cPanel
Written by Arian Jahansouz Friday, 11 March 2011
1. How to Create a Database and User for MySQL in cPanel
2. How to Add Databases and Users Using MySQL Wizard in cPanel
3. How to Change the Password of a MySQL User in the cPanel
4. How to Optimize a MySQL Database in cPanel
This article will give you a step by step guide on how to allow remote access to a MySQL database in your cPanel.
Sign into your cPanel and follow these steps:
1) Go to Databases and click Remote MySQL
2) Enter your computer’s (or the computer you want to access your database from) IP address into the Add Access Host box. Click HERE to find your computer’s IP address.
3) Click Add Host
4) You will then get a confirmation that your IP address has been added to the list of IP address’ allowed to access your database remotely
This concludes how to allow remote access to a MySQL database in your cPanel