How to Ajaxify Comments in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 21 July 2012
For some time, several people have been looking for a way to post a comment in Elgg without reloading the entire page, integrating ajax in Elgg like Facebook does nowadays. In this article, I will give a step by step guide on how to Ajaxify comments in Elgg 1.8
1. Download the Elgg community plugin Ajaxify Comments for Elgg 1.8
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article
3. Now, go to your Elgg network and sign in as an Administrator. Then go to the Admin Dashboard:
4. Go to menu “Configure ->Plugins” and activate the plugin:
5. Don’t view your site just yet. Now, in order to fully apply your changes, you need to run upgrade.php If you don’t know how to run that, read this article.
6. And that’s it, now your comments are ajaxified!
This plugin does not add more server load. It is very lightweight and easy to use. It is compatible with the majority of Elgg themes and adds a dynamic and attractive behavior to your Elgg network.
This now concludes How to Ajaxify Comments in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.