Posting URL in The Wire was very basic and simple. There was no preview of the link posted and the styling was pretty plane. For me, website previews in The Wire was a feature that elgg users needed. Since no one made one, I decided to develop one. In this article I will give a step by step guide on how to add website previews in The Wire for elgg 1.8
1. Download the community plugin SW Wire Links Pro for Elgg 1.8 here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Login on your Elgg network as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:
4. Then go to menu “Configure ->Plugins” and activate the plugin:
5. Now, let’s change the plugin’s settings. Go to Menu “Configure -> Settings -> SW Wire Links Pro for Elgg 1.8” to do that:
6. To see how it works, post a link in the wire:
7. As a result, we will have a thumbnail preview of the link that we post.
This concludes How to add websites previews in elgg 1.8.