How to Add Privacy to Profile Pictures in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Tuesday, 4 December 2012
If you run a network, you have to give users the right to set privacy for their activity. Elgg provides privacy for pictures, comments, files, etc However there was no option to add privacy to profile pictures. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add privacy to profile pictures in elgg 1.8
1. First, download Profile Icon Access for Elgg 1.8
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After that, go to Elgg Administration Dashboard. There go to Menu “Configure -> Plugins” and activate the profile icon access plugin.
4. Upon activation of the plugin, run upgrade.php
Note: If you don’t know how to run that, please read this article
5. Profile avatars now have privacy. In the edit avatar page a drop down menu will appear below the avatar upload form. You can set it to private, public and only for friends:
This concludes How to add privacy to Profile Picture in elgg 1.8