How to Add or Remove Widgets of Profiles in Elgg 1.8
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 24 March 2012
In this article, I will show you a step by step guide on how to add or remove widgets in the profiles of Elgg 1.8. Sign in on your Elgg network and follow these steps:
1. Go to your profile. Click on the button Add widgets:
2. Now, all widgets available for use will be displayed:
3. Now, pay attention, this is the part where several of our Elgg users got confused. To display the widgets you want on your profile, just click on the name of the widget:
4. You can place the widgets anywhere you want. Just move the widgets on the panels by dragging left, right and center:
5. Now if you want to remove any widget from the profile, simply click on the “X” icon at the top right corner of the widget:
And that’s it! Now you know how to add or remove widgets.
If you experience problems with this guide, ask here for support. This now concludes how to add or remove widgets of profiles in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.