Google Maps is a great tool to share with people where you are or to find any location. Integration with elgg was not available until a couple of months ago. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add Google Maps to profiles in Elgg 1.8
1. To add Google Maps to elgg profiles, we will use a tool called Google Maps Widget for elgg 1.8 You can download it here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After that, go to Elgg Administration Dashboard. There go to Menu “Configure -> Plugins” and look for galliGoogleMaps plugin and activate it:
4. After activation of the plugin, run upgrade.php If you don’t know how to run that, please read this article
5. Go to your profile page. Now you can add the Google Maps Widget by clicking on Add Widgets:
6. To set your location, first click on the wheel that is located at the right corner of the Widget Title:
7. After clicking on the wheel icon, a menu will appear where you can set your location, privacy of your location and map zoom level. Fill those and click save:
8. And that’s it, your location will be displayed on your profile:
This concludes How to add Google Maps in Elgg 1.8
Looking for quality Elgg HostingArvixe Web Hosting!