How to Add Google Analytics in Elgg
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 25 June 2011
On previous articles I posted how to insert google adsense ads on your elgg site. In this article I will show you how to Add Google Analytics to keep a track of the traffic on your website.
What is google analytics? Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications. I was contacted by several users of a better way to add analytics other than just paste their code on every single page like described on this post and this other post. To add Google Analytics without pasting code on every page follow these steps:
1) First, get a google analytics account here.
2) Download the free analytics plugin for elgg here
3) Once downloaded unzip the plugin. Then with an FTP Manager, connect to your site and upload it to the mod folder in your Elgg installation:
4) Log in to your Elgg site as an Admin
5) Go to the Administration page. On the side menu, click on Tool Administration. Find the plugin installed and click on the button that says enable to activate this plugin:
6) Once enabled, look for the plugin again. You will see a link that says settings, click on that link to enter your Google Analytics tracking ID and the domain in which elgg is installed:
You can choose wheter to track elgg events or actions. Recommended is to set Yes to those options.
7) Click on Save, and that’s it. Now Google Analytics has been properly added to your elgg site.
This concludes How to Add Google Analytics in Elgg
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions please visit Arvixe-Elgg Hosting