In this article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to add a group chat in Elgg 1.8
1. First, we will download a plugin from the Elgg community called Group Chat for Elgg 1.8 (you must have Elgg 1.8 for this) which can be downloaded here Group Chat
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article
3. Login on your Elgg network as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:
4. Then go to menu “Configure ->Plugins” and activate the plugin:
5. Chat for groups is now active. If you want to see this plugin in action, access any, go to any group within your Elgg network and you will see in the bottom left corner of the screen:
This now concludes how to add a group chat in Elgg 1.8
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting.