Several of our Elgg users were looking for a way to allow site feedback in their Elgg network. This article will give a step by step guide on how to show a feedback form in Elgg 1.8
1. Download a plugin called “Elgg 1.8: Feedback”, which can be downloaded here
2. After downloading the plugin, upload the plugin to the mod folder of your Elgg network to install it. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article
3. After that, please sign in as an Administration and go to the Administration Dashboard:
4. Then go to menu “Configure ->Plugins” and activate the plugin:
5. After activation of the plugin, run upgrade.php If you don’t know how to run that, please read this article. The feedback form will now be available in your Elgg network:
6. The feedback form will display as a button at the left side of the screen. Clicking that button will allow yours users to comment, suggest, or rate the site.
Also, you can configure the feedback dialog to be accessible for non logged in users.
7. The feedback received will be listed in the Admin Dashboard of your site. To access it go to Menu “Administer-> Utilities-> Site feedback” Additionally you can add a feedback widget to the admin dashboard as well:
This concludes How to add a feedback page in Elgg 1.8