How do manage your domain(s) DNS records
Written by Shai Ben-Naphtali Friday, 18 September 2009
Domains purchased from or transferred to Arvixe can be managed by yourself.
Do NOT do this if you do NOT know what you are doing or your sites and domain related services (email, ftp etc.) will break and stop working normally!
Some DNS changes cannot be done here, so if this isn’t what you are looking for, come back to Arvixe’s support and we’ll assist you.
If you are looking for how to change DNS records (A, CNAME, TXT) see our latest blog post with updated instructions: http://blog.arvixe.com/making-dns-zone-changes-in-cpanel/
Tip #2: As you can see in Photo2 you can set Private Registration ON/OFF and send yourself the Authorization Key/EEP (If you have made payment for it before taking it away from Arvixe and/or 60 days have passed since registering/transferring it to Arvixe).
- Log into your billing account.
- Under Accounts Info: click on Domains.
- After that, you’ll see a page like Photo1. Click the (+) sign to expend and reveal that domain (there may be more then one, if you purchased/transferred more then one).
- It should look something like Photo2. Click the Go button.
- Photo3 You are in the Domain Management. Click the Edit button to “open up” the ability to change DNS records.
- Photo4, First change the DNS Settings from Custom to Default then click Save.
- Photo5, You can click Edit under Host Records and start editing your DNS records