How to Install WordPress Without Using FTP
Written by Anand Narayanaswamy Tuesday, 26 February 2013
WebsitePanel control panel enables you to manually install WordPress without using any FTP software such as FileZilla. Follow the steps given below:
(1) Download the latest version of WordPress
(2) Extract the ZIP file and locate wp-config.php file
(3) Login to WebsitePanel and create database, username and password. Be sure to associate the user with the relevant database.
(4) You have to provide database name, username and password on the wp-config.php file as shown in the figure below
(5) Compress the whole WordPress folder again and upload the file to the server by selecting Upload button located on the File Manager.
(5) You will be able to view the file after it is successfully uploaded. Select the checkbox and click the Unzip button.
(6) The contents of the file will be automatically extracted into the root folder.
(7) You will be able to view the folder as shown below. I have removed the ZIP file as it is no longer required.
(8) Select the folder named WordPress
(9) The folders and files will be listed
(10) Select the checkbox located on the top of the File Manager so that all the items inside it will be automatically selected
(11) Click Move button. You will view Move Selected Files dialog. Click on the textbox and provide the address in the following format
(12) You will be able to view all the folders and files if you navigate to the wwwroot folder.
(13) You can now navigate to the URL and start the WordPress installation process
That’s it. You have successfully installed WordPress without using any FTP client software such as FileZilla.